Sunday, May 4, 2008

I don't know why. But somehow, I felt that I should blog about OBS; every single bit of it! It have been 2 months since it past. Its like soo fast. OBS which is known as Outward Bound Singapore is the greatest Adventurous camp that I've gone to. Its the best camp ever!

I know that my eyes spoilt the picture.


Instructor: Vivian
Team Members: Amirah, Aniq, Calvin, Celeste, Clement, Dzur'ain, Izyan, Khairul, Lionel, Madhriah, Mervin, Phyllis, Shahril, Suhaila, Taufiq & the other guy, I've forgotten his name. Sorry. >.<


Day 1

We went to school as usual with our luggage. Than Mrs Oh talk2. Than after that, Mdm Fauziah told the Muslim students to give welcome message when its the first thing we step onto Pulau Ubin as she says that that place is a 'hard' place. So than, we took our luggage and bought the bus and went to Punggol Jetty.
nothing

Than we wait and wait for our turn to bought the Ferry as there were like only 2-4 Ferry to transport us to Pulau Ubin. Finally our turn came. And we bought it. It was a fun experience to ride it. It have been ages since I bought it. The last time when I bought it is when I was about 2-5 years old? Soo.. the scenery was beautiful I can say. Can see the ships and other sea-transportation vehicles. Than suddenly a Police ferry past us. Its like soo fast. Than the waves come. Everyone in the ferry was like Wooooooooh. Lol.
nothing

Finally, we reach Pulau Ubin. The place was like WOW! Full of trees. Than later on I get to know that I'm in Marco Polo. Later, we had some icebreakers game and get to know each other hobby and so on. I remembered someone had a very 'unique' hobby which is to suck lolipop. Haha. Than we give our valuables to the instructor for safe keeping. Than we took a picture for memories[ as you can see the picture above ].
nothing

Calvin and I became the Store I/C. Later, we inspect the items in the store for damages and etc. And some of the tents zip actually never work. So we changed it for a new one. Than we found out that we are short of some items. So we also took a new one. Next we clean the cooking pot and the water bottles and fill it with water. Guess what? The fresh water is actually contaminated a little. Rawr. It didn't taste like a fresh water!
nothing

Next we went to the.. umm don't know where. To get our food which last for 5 days. Soo, we did the sorting and all. There were biscuits, milo, overtines, bread, fruit and many more. How stupid am I to bring the large water bottle. The large one. And some more, its already fill with water. Hiiish. Calvin larh go ask me to bring. -.-"
nothing

We bring our tents to the beach; which we had it set up there. Here, the fun part comes. We went into the sea with our life jacket(of course!) and our shoes. Alright, so we were all drenched. And the sea were muddy! Our shoes often get stuck there. Seems like something is pulling us. Lawl. We learnt how to float and stuff. We even saw a prawn swimming! Eh fun larh! Than Madhriah shoes get torn and lost in the muddy sea. Hmm.. Lesson learnt, never bring a pair of new shoes into the sea. Haha. Than we carry the kayaks out.
nothing

Next, we learnt how to paddle. Easy larh. I've already gotten my 1 star for kayaking. While the instructor is teaching us what to do when we capsize, Calvin nose started to bleed. Aiyo! And his spectacles also were gone into the sea because he didn't tied it. A new spectacle somemore! And than, Joey leg started to cramp. Soo much time is wasted.
nothing

Here's the fun and the sick part comes. We than take turns to capsize. Me, Suhaila, Madhriah turn came. Its like soo hard to make the kayak capsize. Finally, we did it. Hooray! Finally capsized. Haha.
nothing

Due to soo much time wasted, we couldn't get to play with the kayaks. Than the instructor started to lecture. Hmm.. Its for our own good anyway.
nothing

Later, we didn't bath and we learnt how to pitch our tent. And soo, we pitch it. Until night came we still haven't finish pitching. Darkness. Only the light on the jetty lights up the place. Its like soo far away. Than, we cook our dinner. Alamak. They actually used my Solid Fuels, Spoon & Folks. Nevermind. I didn't eat. I only ate biscuits for everyday! And guess what? After OBS, my weight dropped 2 kilogram!
nothing

Than we did our wash up. And hey, they ask me to clean the mass tin and cooking pot and all. What they think? I'm their maid? Luckily Aniq helped me. But we didn't did a good job. While cleaning it, we play with the water. We spray it to everyone that walk past us. Fun larh! LOL. Soo than we went back to the campside. And guess what? We actually saw a wild black dog eating the leftover rice of other team. Hmm hmm.. Than we took our shower and slept.
nothing

That's only day one. You haven't yet to see Day 2!


Day 2

Woke up around 5am? I'm the first person to wake up in the tent. The others were still snoring. So I just sit outside. Than we unpitch our tent and went to shower. And have our morning PT( Physical Training ). Stretch ourself, push-up, sit-up, etc. Than jogged here and there.

As our campsite still not cleaned yet, we get back there and clean it up. Put all the huge stones back into the blue container. Finally finish cleaning.

Bring our tent to the store and had our breakfast. Biscuits and bread.

Later, we wrote down about yesterday. Than we learnt climbing and tie-ing the ropes. "Am I on delayed?" etc. etc. It was a low element.

Than we went back to the store. Guess what? We need to change our bags! Into the hiking bag. And not only that, we need to share our backpacks! Dam heavy man! Soo I and Aniq share our bag. Ours is the heaviest among all. Really. I swear. Than we had an 'extra' bag. Calvin had no one to share with so he solo. And than you know what happens next.

After that, we took the map and the compass and whistle; incased we get lost in the forest. Than, we had briefing etc etc. Everyone was like not paying attention. While waiting for 'them' to fill the water bottles and the huge water bottle with water, the rest of them were like sleeping? Everyone were like soo tired. Its only Day 2! & its in the morning somemore. We haven't even started hiking. Oh heck care. We waited and waited.

Finally, we begun our journey to the other campsite. Along the way, we needed to find some checkpoints. Very frustrating. The checkpoints were place and hide behing trees. You just imagine, how many trees were there? And we were carrying our heavy bagpacks somemore. Which were at least 10kg each? But I didn't carry it. Instead, I carry the tents. 2 tents somemore. And each were like 10kg. So that means.. I'm carrying 20kg!

As we couldn't find one of the checkpoint, we needed to throw pebbles to each other. I mean, we need to form a circle and past the pebble to the person beside us without falling. We need to do it 3 times without making the pebble fall in a straight row. Very frustrating I can say. Pebbles kept on falling. Especially Mervin. Everyone face started to get frustrated. Finally, we did it.

And we were like the last group to reach the campsite? And guess what, the campsite didn't have toilet. So, we need to do our business beside the beach. Than, something maked me more frustrated. Eh you guys think I don't have any feelings is it? Can't you guys just shut up? Just zip your mouth and don't need to spread the message? And you, you don't need to tell the whole world that you like me. Just keep it to yourself. You eeeediiiottt. Some people just need to be taught a lesson. Nasib baiklah aku sabar jer. Kalau tak..

After we finish pitching our tent, we cooked our dinner. Again. As usual, I only ate biscuit. Hmm.. There were boats that send us 2 huge bottle of water, for each group. We didn't bath for that night. Did some Powder Bath. Melekit siak!

Than we need to do some night petroling. My team get the last slot which is at 4am - 6am? The instructor told us not to shine our torchlight onto any tree. They told us that we would only make the animals which is sleeping to spoilt their eyes. Haha. I know that that's not the real reason behind it. So.. me, Aniq, Khairul, Shahril did at 5am I guess. Everyone were like woken up already. Calvin didn't even do the night petroling. He just continue to sleep. Pemalas! There's nothing to be afraid of. Saw nothing at all. Zzzz. Than we continue to sleep but not me.


Day 3!

Boleh dengar orang Azan seh. Tapi tkleh nmpk surau dia kt aner. Kuat seh. Hmm k. Its day 3. Didn't bath again. Than we unpitch our tent and clean up. Biscuits again. Hahaha.

We were given a task. Which is to find the checkpoints. And to collect some rubbish and find some golden spider and some flowers and some more, I've forgotten.

We almost gave up to find one of the checkpoints. But instructor Vivian supported us. Alamak dekni. Dah jalan jauh2 abih kena gi patah alik kena carik checkpoint tuh. Tk tau orng penat ker. Alright, so we went back to the previous checkpoint. To find it. And the checkpoint were actually afew more meters away. And we found it. Thanks for supporting us.

Along the way, we saw a Chinese cemetery. Spooky larh. We also saw a shrine which is said to belong to a Germany girl. I eat and eat and eat. Hahahaa. That's where we wanted to give up also. Because there were no signs of the checkpoint there. Search and search. Suddenly Phyllis shouted... "Marco Polo!" She founded the checkpoint. Guess where it is. Its on a spiky tree. Spiky I can say. Haha. Too bad the other group couldn't find it. We did it! Hooray! The other group had already left about 20mins earlier.

But guess what, we didn't took any rest. And we walk all the way to the campsite. We even manage to catch up with the other team! They keep on resting. But we only took about 3mins rest everytime. Team spirit what. (: And guess what? I spotted the last checkpoint! Wahahaaa!

Soo.. we were the second team to reach the campsite. Finally! We reach there around 1pm+ if I'm not wrong. Finally, there were toilet! The campsite there had high elements. Woooh. Fun larh.

Upon reaching there, we pitch our tent. No time to bath yet.

Then we did the high elements. At first, I didn't want to do it. But I told myself; It would be a waste if I didn't try because I've already pay soo much to go to OBS. Its was also like once in a lifetime to go to OBS. So, I didn't waste this chance. Besides why should I be timid? And lastly... its because of...... you know. (:

Hell yeah! I climb up with William. And I climb up all the way up! Hooray man! Thanks for the support. I were shivering with fear up there. Like commiting suicide. Windy somemore. Hahahaa. To those guy who didn't try, I can say that you're just timid! What a waste! Its soo fun siak!

Ouh. And I heard from most of the people that all the tents were blown down by the strong wind. Aiyoooooooooooooooooooooo!

Hmm.. For some reason, me, Aniq, Izyan, Amirah if I'm not wrong, helped to carry back the heltmets and harness to the store room. The store room was like sooooooo far away.

And we went back to the campsite to get our stuff and shower. Yep, right. Our tents were all blown down. Hahahahaha. Than I helped someone to pitch their tent. (: Than after that went to shower.....

Guess where I bath? Not in the toilet, cause there were not enough time and the toilet were full! Cause the other watches were there too. I actually bath outside. Luckily, there were only guys there. Hmm..

After that, we had our dinner. Hooray! Finally, there were proper foods. No more biscuits! LOL! We ate at the Food Court. Free of charge. With sweet drinks. Yeah! I remembered I kept on saying aku nak minum cincau. LOL. Not cincau also can larh. As long as its a sweet drink. Wooh .. Sedap sedap.

Than, that night we did our reflection. Instructor Vivian ask me if I got a height phobia and I told her yes. And she ask me how come I could climb all the way up. Well, that's a secret and I couldn't answer your question. Sorry. =X

Later on, we had briefing by all the instructor regarding the next day. We are actually going to kayak all the way to Pulau Ketam( Crab Island ), lol. There were no crabs on that island. Didn't saw any. And they needed us to pick 2 person from each of the group to become the leader for that group. For some reason, my team pick me and Aniq. Like WTH? Haaaaaa. Nvm. Good eh, your team leader actually had sea sickness.

Let me introduce to you all the leader. Taufiq, Aniq, Akasha, Hafnan, Haikal, Jordan, hmm.. I've forgotten the other 2. Sorry.

Soo.. the leaders had briefing behind. Me and Aniq became the Port Side Leader( left side ). And we need to wake them up at 4am the next day.

So next, we had our supper. I've forgotten what I had for supper. But yeah after days of not seeing my friend, I finally saw them at the canteen. For a short while only. Soon they left. Hmm hmm.

After that, we continue the reflection again and slept.

Day 3 is the best day ever! Well, I could say that. :)


Day 4! Sea sickness!

The sickness day come. Well, I hate this day. Oh well. Got to endure. Soo we leader wake up at 4am. But somehow, I the leader, couldn't wake up on time. Probably too tired. So the other leader wake us up.

As usual, we unpitch our tent and clean up the place in the early morning. That's a long day. Than, we bath. Than breakfast at the food court again. Had mee goreng.. I think. After that, I help to collect the plates and wash for them. Hahahahaaa. Baik nmpk.

Than we get ready our stuff. Pack the biscuits into plastic, pack our stuff, bring the poncho and place it on the kayak. Before that, the instructor teach us some of the ways to tie the thingy when we reach Pulau Ketam. Soo.. our timing to reach Pulau Ketam is at 11pm. We were given 4 hours to reach there. Me, Aniq, Khairul take the same kayak together.

Than place our sun tent on our face and hands. Than get ready; wear our caps, use the shirt and make our face like terrorist. Hot siak. Tkleh tahan, so I only place on my cap. Before proceeding, everyone says their words of wisdom to support every and each of us. Off we went for Pulau Ketam!

Not even a few minutes and sea sickness strike! Awww! Put on Axe Oil but it only work awhile. Put more. Than instructor Vivian saw me in that state and she gave me an Orange. She ask me to smell the orange skin. So I did. And the sea sickness went off for awhile! Good eh. And I ate the orange. Sweet seh. And guess what I become next? I paddle sooooo strong. Rofl. Really, I swear.

Becoming a leader isn't that bad. Its fun to use the whistle. And its fun to help to push the other kayak to make sure no one gets near the shore.

Upon reaching the island, we were blown by the strong wind which came from the China sea. Soo strong! Our kayak even went to the opposite side. We paddle and paddle but our kayak move a little only. Everyone went haywire.

Finally, without any break, we reach Pulau Ketam on time. Yeah we make it! Although we were late for like 17-19mins?

Upon reaching, when I step out of the Kayak, I vomitted. Awwwwwwww. And I felt better after I vomit. Than help to pull the kayak to the ground. Than off we went to The Quarry. Ouh and the ground there were full with rocks. Rocks everywhere. Rocky road.

We did a Human Chain there to take out the items in the store. The water rafting thingy. Than, we set up our water rafting boat. Fun larh tying it. Anyhow tie. Hahahaa. As expected, we couldn't try to ride on our water raft as we didn't do it well.

Than we place back the things to the storeroom. And we rest awhile to eat. Biscuit again. :/ Than, off we went back to Pulau Ubin. No more sea sickness. Suddenly, a ship past by. And a wave strike. We almost capsize. But luckily, no one capsize. Almost only.

Upon reaching Pulau Ubin, sea sickness again. Haaaaaa. Than when we reach, we did a wash up for our kayak and place it back to the original place. Well, I can say that I and Aniq actually escape from doing the job. We straight away went to the toilet and slack. LOL.

After that, we went back to our first camp with our heavy backpacks and tents again. Couldn't endure much. Luckily there were shortcut and we reach to the campsite early. Than we place all our things infront of the store room. Than off I went to bath. Didn't help them to pitch their tents. I wasted lots of times inside the toilet. Haha. After I bath, I didn't even bother to help.
Tuh arh sabo orng lagi jadi leader. Padan muker. Hahahaaa. Haaa k I'm bad. Instead, I pack all my belongings to my original bag.

Soo, that night was the last night there. Sad seh. Soo much memories. Than we cook our dinner. The instructor say that we're all competiting with other team. Than I help to wash the vegetables and stuff. Darkness, only the light of the Full Moon could be seen.

Its Full Moon. And a Thursday night somemore. So, you know what happen next. While sitting behind; talking with Khairul and Aniq, my eyes spotted something in the forest. Here's the scary part. I didn't expect to see any unexpected visitors that day. And since I'm young, I didn't saw anything unexpected until that day..

I were talking with them when my eyes spotted something in the dark forest. Out of nowhere, there were a glimpse of light inside the forest. And I stare at it. I didn't think of what I saw. Inside I told myself mcm pernah nmpk benda ni tapi di mana yer? Hey yeah. I'm not lying. I told myself that. Suddenly, that thing makes its move. Allah Huakhbar. I say. It was actually a White Rabbit except in a huge size aka gula2 aka POCONG. Aniq was like .. wth did I saw? And he told me.. Eh don't play2 larh. I'm not lying. As you can see from my reaction, that I was shivering with fear. I just look down and reversed the Ayaatul-Qursi.

Luckily Shahril got bring his Surah Yaasin. Hmm.. and luckily that night I could sleep because I'm soo tired.

While sleeping, we were woken up because someone went missing! I ask myself eh 6am already? Soo fast? LOL. hahaha. Than the instructor did a check and that person came back. Don't know he went where. Hmm. Than we continue sleeping.


Day 5! Goodbye!

Wake up at 6am. We unpitch our tent and bath and pack our stuff. Clean the cooking pot. Shrub and shrub but the stain didn't go off. So I use sand and shrub. Finally! Than go wash the tents and stuff. Than, we place all the items back into the store room and did a check. And some items went missing. Than, we pay for the lost of items. Everyone contributed $1.

We clean the tents and ponchos and ground sheet and cooking pot and stuff. Than we place it inside the store room. Than we took the extra food back home. Guess what I took home? Lots of biscuits, A skippy peanut butter & a Strawberry Jam. Hmmm. Should have taken a picture of it.. hmm.

Than did our last reflection there. Our hands were tied with the person next to us. Than we close our eyes and than instructor Vivian talk2. Memories. What we did. What we achieve. What happen to us. We fought together and stuff.

Than we went to the sourveniur shop and purchased things like tshirts and stuff.
And than, we bid farewell to OBS.
Bye Pulau Ubin.

Than me and my friends and some other peeps when home by MRT. I wonder whose idea was this. Guess how long we took the train? Ouh before that, we actually bought the bus to Punggol interchange. Guess where we bought down the bus.. We bought it just 1 stop away from the interchange. How stupid we are! From Punggol until Tampines. We took 1 hour+ to reach Tampines. And we slept in the train. Some of them even lie down on the seats cause there were no people. Then our huge bags we anyhow put on the floor. Luckily no one complain. Haaa..

If I know how long it took, I would surely have bought Bus 34. It would only take about 30mins to reach Tampines. Oh well..

Than we went to Long John Silver. Than talk2 about the stuff we did during OBS. And I talk about what I saw the last night. Than went home sleep awhile than wake up and eat and sleep back. Hahahaaa.


Till here,
Until we meet again someday.
Kalau panjang umur. LOL.
Goodbye OBS.
Lots of memories.
(':


Hey I can actually turn this into a Novel! Omg soo long!
Hahahaha. Till here. I need to study for tomorrow Geography & Maths Paper 1.
Good luck to myself!

9:29 AM